Zeitgeist Open 2012
The launch of a new open submission exhibition for all artists, The Zeitgeist Open 2012. The exhibition is being organised and curated by Rosalind Davis & Annabel Tilley of Zeitgeist Arts Projects
Deadline for Applicants:
Monday 24th September (Midnight GMT)
‘Open submission exhibitions are a vital platform for new and emergent work. The ethos of The Zeitgeist Open is one of ideas not capital, reflecting knowledge and generosity.’ Graham Crowley, Painter
Introduction & ethos: ZAP are delighted to announce the launch of a new open submission exhibition for all artists called: The Zeitgeist Open 2012, The exhibition is being organised and curated by Rosalind Davis & Annabel Tilley of Zeitgeist Arts Projects, based in South London. Davis founded the original Core Gallery Open 2010 & 2011.
Through their ambitious new project Davis and Tilley are determined to make the process of judging as fair and transparent as possible; to create long term opportunities for artists, and new networks for the artists who take part:
What is different about The Zeitgeist Open ?
• There will be no pre-selection, all works will be seen by all the judges.
• The work received will remain anonymous throughout the judging process
• Our judges are artists, not art oligarchs or celebrities.
• ZAP values all the artists we work with and continues to build relationships with them during and after shows.
• At least 10 artists from The Zeitgeist Open will be selected for our next ZAP group exhibition: Discernible in Spring 2013
• The ZAP philiosophy is about: Creating opportunities for ambitious artists,creating new networks and bringing new audiences –curators, gallerists, collectors, the general public - to artists
• Submission fees have been kept to an absolute minimum. £15 or £12 for ZAP/DIY Educate Members to make it accessible as possible.
For more information and details on how to apply, please visit the ZAP website at: www.zeitgeistartsprojects.com/exhibitions