Lille Research Visit
East Street Arts regularly organises research trips to European cities that offer a range of contemporary art venues, organisations and artist-led developments. This year we are developing a visit to our twinned city, Lille in France in October to coincide with the opening of their large outdoor extravaganza, part of Lille3000, this year entitled FANTASTIC.
The trip will include visits to various art spaces and organisations, both in Lille and neighbouring Roubaix, such as Artconnexion, La Piscine, La Tripostale, Gare St Sauveur, La Condition Publique; and a full day to enjoy Lille3000.
The aims of the research trips are to strengthen the links and networks between the two cities and the trip’s participants, create new links with peers in Lille, experience new approaches and thinking, and to open up potential collaborations and partnerships projects.
This visit is being supported by Leeds City Council International Relations.
5th – 8th October 2012
Costs (per person)
We will travel on Friday 5th October by Eurostar arriving in Lille mid afternoon and travel back on Monday 8th arriving in Leeds late evening.
The costs per person is £100.
We have booked several central apartments that include a double bed, a small kitchen and a shower.
These apartments cost £125 for the three nights in total for one person (or two people sharing).
Event pass Lille 3000
There will be a cost to access the venues taking part in Lille 3000 and we are suggesting a pass for £25
East Street Arts will organise and manage:
- the travel to and from Lille and Leeds and accommodation, attempting to keep costs as low as possible,
- the meetings and visits to artist’s spaces, organisations, institutions and other key players in contemporary art.
- coordinate all arrangements ensuring a smooth trip.
- cover the costs for one social meal together during the trip
- provide general information regarding the visit and organisations
- confirm their place with a deposit
- cover their travel and accommodation costs in full
- cover their day to day costs during the visit
- support colleagues and fellow participants on the trip.
To check availability please contact: Karen [at] esamail.org.uk